We're bringing together exceptional minds from around the world to build practical quantum solutions that enable advancements across industries.
Join our team of talented and hard working innovators to build something extraordinary. We're always on the lookout for people who are passionate about bringing the benefits of quantum technologies to the world. Explore opportunities for our office in Toronto.
Machine Learning Specialist
Computer Hardware | Full-time | Toronto
Summary of Position and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be responsible for designing, building, training, and deploying commercial machine learning models within the company and in cooperation with industrial partners. As part of Xanadu’s Machine Learning team, they will participate in multiple aspects of machine learning research, development, and deployment. Other duties may include the training of machine learning models for comparison and benchmarking purposes.
Prospective applicants must have strong technical, programming, and mathematical skills. They must possess the ability to evaluate the established machine learning literature, learn new methods and tools quickly, and apply this knowledge to solve practical problems. Applicants should be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to successfully meet objectives. Familiarity with quantum computing is not essential for this position, but is a definite plus.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience designing, building, debugging, and deploying machine learning models
- Strong technical/programming skills, ideally on a variety of computational platforms (CPU, GPU, special-purpose hardware)
- Experience working with modern machine learning libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, etc)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or a related field
- Solid mathematical understanding of machine learning, statistical modelling, probability theory, and linear algebra
- Strong scientific skills, as demonstrated by quality publications in peer-reviewed venues
- Familiarity and experience working in a fast-growing technology start-up environment
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong familiarity with a variety of machine learning techniques: deep neural networks (convolutional, recurrent, etc.), support vector machines, decision trees, clustering methods, natural language processing
- Ability to understand the machine learning literature and keep up-to-date on latest developments
- Ability to communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner to management, technical staff, and industrial partners
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Summary of Company
Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto, Xanadu is a technology start-up focused on building a full-stack photonic quantum computer. With a team of top-tier researchers from MIT, Harvard, and Columbia leading the technical development, Xanadu’s quantum cloud technology for artificial intelligence and simulation will enable the discovery of new applications while revolutionizing computational capacity.
Xanadu has secured a large seed funding round from world-class venture capitalists. We are always on the lookout to recruit the best-in-class talent to support the development and execution of our technology, which will drive new innovations and generate lasting global impacts.
Point of Contact
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your attached CV to Nathan Killoran (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the headline “Interest in Xanadu – Machine Learning Job Opening”.